First Call Employment has catering and hospitality jobs and staff for all venues: contract caterers and canteens, schools and nursing homes, hotels, pubs and clubs, bars and restaurants.
So how can you get the best service from a staffing agency like First Call. You’ll want to ensure that the agency’s consultants understand your work needs and choose you when suitable jobs arise.
Here are the top tips from First Call Employment – based on its long experience in placing cooks and chefs, kitchen porters and catering assistants, bar staff and waiters:-
1) First register: you can register on-line through First Call Employment. You will need to supply a well-presented CV, spell-checked and accurate. CV’s should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Tell the agency when you will be free to work: the on-line web diary A24 Connect enables candidates to log their future availability. Update the diary at least weekly.
3) Keep in touch by phone: find out which consultants deal with the area where you choose to work or the type of job. Phone the consultants at least monthly so they get to know you and the sort of work you want.
4) Be flexible in your availability: it will help the consultants find you work if they know that you will accept jobs at short notice; or if you will work weekends or Bank Holidays.These shifts can often offer higher rates of pay.
5) Consider work further afield: you can update your ‘Work Areas’ in A24 Connect – the geographical locations to which you are happy to travel for shifts. The agency consultants will search for and offer shifts according to the areas you’ve chosen
6) Do you have specialist skills or qualifications? Please let us know if these change
7) Web and Social Media: it’s worth registering for the agencies’ Facebook and Twitter pages so that you are up to date on agency news, job opportunities, tips and advice
8) Your feedback: your comments are always welcome. Let the agency know if there is anything you are unhappy about or you think could be done differently - or issues you have in the workplace. Good agencies are grateful for feedback
9) Tell a friend: if you have friends or colleagues who are interested in catering work then do please tell them about the agency group. You could post on Facebook
10) Finally, to increase your chances of being rebooked by our clients; a clean, tidy appearance is essential in the workplace. Also, turning up to work on time is imperative.
You should listen carefully to the instructions of those in charge and act quickly to complete tasks. Show willing and an eagerness to perform your job to the highest standards. Often, when a candidate performs particularly well, the client will ask them to return for further shifts.
For further information:
Tel: 0871 873 3393
Fax: 0871 873 3394
First Call Employment Ltd,
Suite 1, Broadway Chambers